Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Random Thoughts

August 24, 2012 6:15 in the Evening @ Room 13 Random Thoughts It was indeed an exhausting day. What’s new about it anyway? As if it was the first time I had this kind of day. From the time I got up from bed, doing the routinely work at home before going to school facing different kinds of students, of different family backgrounds and behaviors, spending about 7 hours a day teaching and a short hour of rest to complete the 8 hours required from a government employee. After 5 in the afternoon, I need to fix my things up and do some paper works before getting some physical workout to release stress. If I have an ample time, I attend to some invitations and other engagements on my civic and spiritual life. Well, I’m not used to writing stuffs like this; I just don’t understand myself why instead of doing some paper works for the school I decided to tap this poor little netbook, spilling some words. Can I say I’m being “emo” this time? It could be. It may sound so awkward, because at my age I don’t think it is fitting to act this way. But wait, I don’t think so; age is just a number as they say. Getting old is a matter of attitude. What If I’ll say I don’t feel like my age? Who will contest to that anyway. For instance, just this morning, I have joined some of our students dancing and yelling with the US 7 Fleet Band at the gymnasium. I also had a short yet fulfilling time playing the “mix”, which is a phenomenal game of most of our students, after we have fixed the stage for the afternoon’s activity. And just a while ago, I have enjoined doing a face painting session with my extremely active and dearly love, IV – Zodiac. I might have just driven by their efforts of having some bonding moments with me, which I’m looking forward too. I understand, as if they are challenging for a race when it comes to work. They are as busy as I am. Whenever I entered our classroom, they are doing a lot of things and sometimes some of them didn’t bother to acknowledge my presence, well I hope I don’t sound bitter and as if Im sour grapping, because honestly I don’t mind at all. I might have been like a chatterbox, what do I want to articulate in here, ahhh yes, I just have realized that next week will be an additional year for me. Yesterday, I had an accidental conversation with some of my co-teachers where we shared some significant and fond memories of our stay here at Ilocos Norte National High School where we can say, it has really molded us to what we are now, with improved professional life and added confidence in ourselves. We really have varied experiences which are really priceless. As I went back to my classroom to fix my things I realized that I am really so blessed and that whatever things that come my way I have to take them constructively so I can move forward and try to be victorious from one trial to another. I have o admit for the past weeks, I’m being affected by the seemingly called words which I have mentioned that have caused pain to one of my co teachers, I know myself to be a straightforward person but not as tactless as what believe in, if I will be permitted to interpret that way. I really felt so sorry about that. I pity that person who said that, if he/she really did it. I have learned also that when I was out of the country, some of my friends are considering me as “mayabang” and “all-knowing”! Ohhhh… its getting below the belt. I need a lot of oxygen to take it. Mind you their names are even being mentioned! But, I’m sorry, I have revolve a little bit of my old self. Instead of confronting these people, I just have prayed for them. However, If they are just being used by people who love looking at people in trouble, I will never ever give them a reason to happy and triumphant. And now as I’m getting ready for our Household Prayer Meeting, I have this feeling of relief. What a blessing from the Lord, that I didn’t plan at all to do this reflection, but He sent His Holy Spirit to speak before me. A moment of discernment, of drawing conclusions that I shouldn’t look at things in its superficial sense but getting deeper for it is in there that I have receive more blessings of truth, faithfulness, loyalty, friendship, trust and love from people whom the Lord have touched to make my life in this world meaningful. I just wished that on the 29th of August of 2012, I will receive blessings in mysterious ways. Therefore, instead of being emotional, I have to rejoice because I believe that He has given me the best family, friends, students, co-workers and community where I could feel his infinite kindness and love that I will always see His face of every man.

No comments:

Post a Comment